INSTRUCTIONS: Once you have received and accepted an offer with an approved field study site from the catalog submit this form.
- Complete each portion accurately and completely as incomplete forms will not be approved.
- This form will be sent to the field study office, the supervisor you list on the form and and your faculty sponsor.
- Field Study placements can not be changed after the deadline.
Field study is restricted to:
- School of Social Ecology majors
- Social Ecology Juniors and Seniors (90+ units)
- Students with a minimum overall GPA of 2.0
- Students who have received and accepted an offer from a field study site listed in the field study catalog
- 195: SE 10
- All students who meet the course enrollment form deadline and all pre-requisites will be guaranteed a spot in SocEcol 195, Traditional Field Study
- 195W: SE 10 and Lower Division Writing
- A grade of a C or better in 4 units or more of SocEcol 195W, Field Study Writing Seminar, will fulfill field study and the upper division writing general education requirement. Enrollment in SocEcol 195W is NOT guaranteed as demand exceeds seats available. Students will be able to enroll during their enrollment window and once 195W is full, students will need to enroll in 195. There are other classes that can fulfill upper division writing.
Additional steps are needed for international and continuing education students:
- For information regarding Continuing Education Concurrent Enrollment please click here: Concurrent Enrollment Process
- International students need to obtain a CPT through the UCI International Center. Please review process here: Curricular Practical Training Process
|May 10, 2019||Summer 10 Week Session (June 24-August 29)|
|May 24, 2019||Summer 10 Week Session (June 24-August 29) - Space Available Request*|
|June 21, 2019||
Summer Session II 5 Weeks (August 5-September 9)
|August 9||Fall 2019 (September 23- December 6)|
|November 8||Winter 2020 (January 2-March 13)|
|February 14||Spring 2020 (March 25-June 5)|
*Course enrollment forms will be accepted for 2 weeks after the deadline as a 'space available request'. These submissions are reviewed if there is space in the program in the order received. A response can be expected approximately 4 weeks after original deadline. Students MUST inform their sites that they are applying for the waitlist and that they will not know if they have been accepted to the program until approximately 4 weeks after the initial deadline.