Fall Field Study 2020:
- A final decision is not yet made. We are considering campus guidance and local, regional, and national public health guidance. Please check the Fied Study & COVID-19 FAQs for updates.
- In addition, you may sign-up to be added to our email list and we will email you updates as decisions are made.
Summer Field Study & COVID -19:
Course Requirements are modified:
- Field work requirement is waived - placement at a site is not required, hours for field work are not required.
- Academic requirements remain the same. Students must enroll in, remotely attend and complete SocEcol 195
- Earning a Pass in ScoEcol 195 will fulfill the School's Field Study Requirement.
- SocEcol 195 is only offered for 4 units in Summer 2020.
Priority enrollment will go to graduating seniors - must have graduation application on file for either Summer or Fall 2020.
We are no longer accepting Requests to Enroll for the Summer. If you have questions or concerns, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
INSTRUCTIONS: Once you have received and accepted an offer with an approved field study site from the catalog submit this form.
- Complete each portion accurately and completely as incomplete forms will not be approved.
- This form will be sent to the field study office, the supervisor you list on the form and your faculty sponsor.
- Field Study placements can not be changed after the deadline.
Field study is restricted to:
- School of Social Ecology and Environmental Science and Policy majors
- Social Ecology Juniors and Seniors (90+ units)
- Students with a minimum overall GPA of 2.0
- Students who have received and accepted an offer from a field study site listed in the field study catalog
- 195: SE 10
- All students who meet the course enrollment form deadline and all pre-requisites will be guaranteed a spot in SocEcol 195, Traditional Field Study
- 195W: SE 10 and Lower Division Writing
- A grade of a C or better in 4 units or more of SocEcol 195W, Field Study Writing Seminar, will fulfill field study and the upper division writing general education requirement. Enrollment in SocEcol 195W is NOT guaranteed as demand exceeds seats available. Students will be able to enroll during their enrollment window and once 195W is full, students will need to enroll in 195. There are other classes that can fulfill upper division writing.
Additional steps are needed for international and continuing education students:
- For information regarding Continuing Education Concurrent Enrollment please click here: Concurrent Enrollment Process
- International students need to obtain a CPT through the UCI International Center. Please review process here: Curricular Practical Training Process
Spring 2020 (March 25-June 5)
Spring 2020 - Space Available Request (March 25 to June 5)
Summer Session- 10 Week (June 22 - August 27) - No longer accepting Summer Requests to Enroll - email email@example.com with any concerns
|April 17||Summer Session II- 5 Week (August 3 - September 4)- No longer accepting Summer Request to Enroll - email firstname.lastname@example.org with any concerns|
|August 7||Fall 2020 (September 28 -December 11)|