Waymakers is Hiring!
Waymakers is a former Field Study partner, they are always eager to extend amazing opportunities like these to Social Ecology Students. If you are graduating soon, you should check this out!
Who is Waymakers:
We build safer communities by helping individuals make their way through conflict and crisis to a place of strength and stability.
Our vision is a safe community where individuals of all ages reach their highest potential, fostering lasting change and positive impact throughout Orange County.
Position Title: Youth Specialist:
Locations: Tustin, Laguna Beach & Huntington Beach
Youth Specialist Responsibilities Include:
- Work with at-risk youth at 24/7 Youth Shelters, in short-term crisis intervention program for children ages 11-17
- Supervise youth, lead educational and recreational activities, and facilitate group counseling sessions
- Prepare meals, complete cleaning chores, and maintain facility
- Complete service documentation and answer crisis calls
Youth Specialist Requirement Include:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Minimum age 21
- Experience working with at-risk youth and educational coursework in Psychology or Human Services related field
- Team player who is extremely organized
- Excellent boundaries and ability to handle crisis situations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Approved TB Test/Health Screen, CPR and First Aid certificate (may be completed after employment)
- Valid California driver’s license, auto liability insurance, and a satisfactory driving record
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred
To apply to learn click here: