UCI School of Social Ecology Field Study
The School of Social Ecology Field Study Program is one of the many ways to tap into the energetic and inquisitive undergraduate talent pool at UC Irvine. Click here for a video describing the Social Ecology's Field Study program and the value of community partnerships.
Ideal community partners offer placements and mentors to students that provide students with a pre-professional experience and structure the student’s activities to allow the student to:
- Contribute to the day-to-day activities of the organization while deepening their understanding of the Social Ecology curriculum.
- Develop an understanding of organizational goals and objectives;
- Observe current social problems and evaluate intervention strategies;
- Perceive relationships between theories learned in the classroom and practice experienced in the field; and
- Develop interpersonal and technical competencies required in the workplace
This page is dedicated to assisting our liaisons and supervisors. Email us at email@example.com with your suggestions, questions or concerns.