Resources for Spring 2020 Field Study Instructors Last updated 4/10/2020
- California Campus Compact: Calls and Resources for COVID-19
- Campus Election Engagement Project - Coronavirus as a Teachable Classroom Moment - Engaging Students Across the Curriculum
- Facing History and Ourselves - Educator resrouces to 'find teaching strategies that develop students' critical thinking and model skills and dispositions that foster engaged, democratic citizenship.
- GIvePulse has been working to gather resources, processes, requirements and tools.
- Lifting Bridges - Ideas for Virtual Volunteering
- Excellence in Field Study Nomination - Nominate outstanding field study students.
- Community Partner Guest Speaker List - Invite interested community partners to speak to your undergraduate or graduate courses.
- Recommended Films for Community Engagement *Click on the Title to be linked to the Film
- Journal of Community Engagement and Higher Education
- Journal of Higher Education Outreach and Engagement
- Journal of Public Scholarship in Higher Education
- Michigan Journal of Community Service Learning
- Partnerships: A Journal of Service-Learning and Civic Engagement
- Public: A Journal of Imagining America
- The International Journal of Research on Service-Learning and Community Engagement
- Undergraduate Journal of Service Learning and Community-Based Research
- A Journal for Engaged Educators
- American Psychology Association - Civic Engagement & Service Learning
- Campus Compact (Faculty Resources)
- Engagement Scholarship Consortium
- International Association for Research on Service Learning and Community Engagement (IARSLCE)
- National Service-Learning Clearinghouse
- NACE - National Association of Colleges and Employers
- Established in 1956, the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) connects more than 6,300 college career services professionals at nearly 2,000 colleges and universities nationwide, more than 2,700 university relations and recruiting professionals, and the business affiliates that serve this community.
- American Association of Colleges and Universities -- especially Bringing Theory to Practice
- Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching
- Corporation for National and Community Service
- Imagining America Consortium: Artists and Scholars in Public Life -- especially "Research & Action"
- National Service Learning Clearinghouse -- especially NSLC Toolkits
- The Research University Engaged Scholarship Toolkit (from Campus Compact)
- The Research University Civic Engagement Network (TRUCEN) -- especially "New Times Demand New Scholarship Part I and Part II"
- Literature Review & Research Update (TRUCEN)
- Global Learning and Cooperative Development, & Community-University Partnership
This site amasses evidence-based tools and peer-reviewed research to advance best practices in global learning, cooperative development, and community-university partnership. It is edited and overseen by researchers and practitioners who work with multiple methods and represent diverse fields, all concerned with the question of how to responsibly and ethically grow partnerships between educational institutions and communities globalsl.org. (2014). Home Page. Retrieved from globalsl.org
Career Readiness Faculty Resources by Division of Career Pathways
- Career Readiness Education- Faculty Track
- Career Readiness Best Practice for Faculty
- Career Readiness - Useful PowerPoint Presentation
- Career Readiness- Sample Assignments
- Career Self -Evaluation Assessment
Meetings and Conferences
- Association of American Colleges and Universities. Click on the 'Meetings' tab.
- Jon C. Daltron Institute
- Campus Compact
- National Center for Science and Civic Engagement
- Annual National Service-Learning Conference
- Gulf South Summit (hosted by Sam Houston State University)
- 2018 Ashoka U Exchange
- National Conference on Race & Ethnicity in American Higher Education
- Community Development Society's Annual International Conference
- The Engagement Scholarship Consortium Conferences and Meetings