Field Study Appointments
Tuesdays: 10-11:40AM (May 29th and June 5th hours will be 2:00-3:40pm with no morning hours)
*No Drop-in hours 7/2-7/6
Drop-ins are 15 minutes but scheduled every 20 minutes. You must come in person to sign-up for appointments. Space is limited so we recommend that you arrive early to sign-up as these appointments are made on a first-come first-serve basis.
Discuss detailed questions and/or concerns regarding field study with field study program staff. General questions regarding field study can be answered during the daily walk-in hours. Please check-in at the front desk in the Office of Student Services.
Advanced Field Study Appointments:
Call our office at (949) 824-6861, or stop by SE I 102 to schedule an appointment with the Field Study staff.
Field Study - An Opportunity
Field study is your opportunity to take your learning into action. The best placements are those where your academic interests, life goals and what you have learned from past experiences intersect.
The six steps to help you make the most out of your opportunity are:
- Apply and Interview
- Actively Engage
For detailed procedures and suggestions see the Field Study Schedule (PDF).
Students are encouraged to become familiar with their options for field study early in their UCI career. In addition to Social Ecology 195, Field Study, students may also choose to pursue Social Ecology 195ABC - Advanced Field Study, Immersive Field Study, the capital internship programs (Summer UCDC, University of California Centers - Washington DC or Sacramento, Sacramento Internship Program or a position as a corps. leader for JumpStart or H.A.B.L.A. to complete their field study requirement.
Information & Forms
- 2018 Summer Field Study Procedures
- 2017-2018 Field Study Schedule with Procedures (PDF)
- Advanced Field Study - Applications for 2016-2017 will be available in early Spring 2017
- Minimum Standards
Finding a Site
Assistance During Field Study
- 2017-2018 Field Study Information Session (Powerpoint)
- Field Study - A Community Perspective (YouTube video)
- Field Study - A student's perspective MP4 with Smart Player , or iPod and iPhone, or MP3 (audio only) or PowerPoint (no audio)
- UCI Division of Career Pathways
- Passport to Leadership Program
- Sustainable Transportation
- Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program (UROP)
- Office of Civic and Community Engagement
- Office of Financial Aid and Scholarships
- Office of Equal Opportunity and Diversity
- Affirmative Action
- Sex Offense
- Sexual Harassment
- Complaint Procedures
- Policies and Guidelines
- Office of Student Conduct
- Internship Programs Under the Fair Labor Standards Act - Important information from the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division
Service Learning and Civic Engagement Organizations
- National Service Learning Clearing House
- Campus Compact
- Service-Learning Guide & Journal
- Community-Campus Partnerships for Health