SPRING FIELD STUDY 2021
- Submit your Spring 2021 Field Study Request to Enroll Form here no later than Friday, February 5, 2021
- Our office will process forms to verify eligibility and prerequisites from February 8th to 12th.
- Those authorized to enroll will receive a catalog of available remote community site placements and faculty research/learning assistant opportunities the week of February 15th.
- Students who are authorized will be required to submit a Fieldwork Placement Confirmation by Friday, March 12th.
Submit your Spring 2021 Fieldwork Placement Confirmation HERE (link not yet available)
FALL FIELD STUDY 2021
What is the status of a field study for Fall 2021?
A final decision has not been made, please check back later for updates.
Sign up through the FALL 2021 FIELD STUDY INTEREST FORM, to be emailed once more information and/or forms are available for the Fall 2021 term.
- Declared major in the School of Social Ecology or Environmental Science and Policy Major
- SE 10 Required
- 2.0 GPA
- Junior or Senior Standing (90+ units)
- Accepted a placement at listed Field Study Community Partner and submitted course enrollment form by the deadline.
- Attendance to ALL CLASSES IS MANDATORY! Faculty will arrange small group or individual meetings (per week or biweekly) to facilitate the integration of academic and field experiences.
- Students are REQUIRED to complete an analytical, academic paper. Papers should be 10 pages in length and incorporate at least two references to scientific journal articles, legal case studies, etc. for every 4 units.
- Social Ecology faculty may add to the requirements listed above or establish additional grading criteria.
Units (***subject to change during physical distancing and remote instruction--see Field Study FAQ page for latest modifications)
- 25 hours of field work=1 unit of academic credit
- Four (4) units of Social Ecology 195 Field Study are required to graduate
- During the academic year, field study 195 may be taken for 2-8 units and 195W for 4-8 units; summer for 4 or 8 units
- Field Study may be repeated for up to 12 units