2019 Bernard L. Hyink Scholarship Essay Contest
It’s time to showcase our outstanding students and our field study program! Students and encouraged to enter the Bernard L. Hyink Scholarship essay contest.
The California Internship & Work Experience Association (CIWEA) will select two students to receive a $1,000 scholarship each. Students apply by submitting an essay that describes how their academic internship, co-op, or work experience has influenced their career choice. Essays are submitted to a CIWEA member on campus or at the work site. After a review process, the selected students will receive their scholarship at the CIWEA Annual Spring Conference - March 28-29 in San Diego!
- One $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a student from a 4-year university and one $1000 scholarship will be awarded to a student from a 2-year college in California. A certificate of achievement will be awarded to the second place winner in each category.
- Open to all undergraduate and graduate students attending 2-year and 4-year institutions in California.
- Any major may apply.
- Completed Internship, Work Experience or Co-op during winter, spring, summer or fall of 2019 while a student on your campus (must be a verifiable academic experience and completed by December 31, 2018).
- Previous award recipients are not eligible.
- Student applications (essays) must be submitted through a CIWEA member at the student’s college.
For questions regarding the Hyink Scholarship:
Julie Collier| CIWEA Scholarship Director
p. 916.608.6552 | Julie.Collier@flc.losrios.edu