Field Study Stipend Application
UPDATE (AS OF 7/25/23) - THE STIPEND PROGRAM HAS BEEN TEMPORALLY PAUSED
The Field Study Student Stipend Program was created as a way to support field study students that face challenges with access to professional apparel and reliable transportation. Our goal is to increase student success by addressing obstacles that hinder students’ abilities to make the most of their field study experience. All School of Social Ecology and Environmental Science & Policy majors participating in Field Study with a submitted Course Enrollment Form.
- Professional Clothing
Course Enrollment Forms
What is a Course Enrollment Form (CEF)?
Our office uses this form to collect:
- STUDENT INFORMATION
- Verification of your eligibility and completion of the Field Study prerequisites
- COURSE SELECTION
- Your field study course selection (SE195, 195W, 106W), so we know which course we should authorize you for if you are fully eligible.
- PLACEMENT INFORMATION
- Your placement information, so we know where you will be completing your fieldwork hours and which supervisor to contact. (Including Site number, Site Name, and Supervisor Information: Name, title, email address)
ATTENTION: Do not submit this form if you have NOT received and accepted an official offer from one of our approved placements. A copy of your submission will be sent to the site supervisor you list on the form. Submitting a placement without an official offer is grounds for academic dishonesty.
Spring 2024 Course Enrollment Form - Available starting, Monday, December 4
Winter 2024 Course Enrollment Form
Deadline: Friday, November 10 at 11:59 pm
Winter 2024 - Deadline Extension Request Form
By filling out this Extension Request Form, the Field Study Office does not guarantee a seat in a field study course this coming winter. We will use these submissions to review requests. If eligible/approved, we will reach out to students individually and allow them to submit a course enrollment form. Please note, the final deadline (if at all possible) will be Friday, December 1st (or until seats reach capacity)
What to expect after you submit this form:
- Once you submit this form, you will receive an email confirmation with a copy of your submission. KEEP THIS FOR YOUR RECORDS!
- The office will process ALL course enrollment forms from November 13 to 17.
- If you are eligible and are approved, you will receive enrollment information and a confirmation of your authorization to enroll in the field study course on Friday, November 17.
- You will be enrolling through WebReg during your assigned winter enrollment window. No authorization code will be needed.
Curricular Practical Training (CPT) Application - For International Students (with F-1 Visas)
If you are an F-1 Visa International student, who will be completing a field study placement with a site outside the university, you will need to submit a Curricular Practical Training (CPT) to the International Center.
Visit the International Center website to learn more.
Field Study Petition Forms and More
Fall 2023 - End of Term Student Self-Assessment
Available: Monday, November 20
Due: Friday, December 15
* To only be used as needed or as a backup. Please check in with your supervisor for their preferred tracking format.
Submit a request to use a research lab or a learning assistant role OUTSIDE the School of Social Ecology to be used as your field study placement.
Processing time: Please allow 5-6 business days
These forms are also used for other course petitions. Listed here are only those relevant to field study coursework. Visit the Advising website for more information.
Request to use non-UCI coursework to satisfy SOCECOL 195.
*Processing time: 6-8 weeks.*
Request to waive, appeal, or substitute UCI coursework for SOCECOL 195. Use this form for Field Study exceptions not covered by other petitions.
*Processing time: 2-4 weeks.*
Submit a request for the SocEcol 195 requirement to be changed or updated on your DegreeWorks.
Common use: Requesting for PH 195W to be applied to satisfy SE195
Processing time: Please allow up to 3-4 weeks for processing