Course Enrollment Form will be available - April 4, 2022
Deadline to submit: Friday, February 4th
Information you will be submitting
- Your Identifiable student information
- Your Course Selection (195, 195W)
- Your placement information and role description
- Including Site number, Site Name, Supervisor Information
What to expect after you submit the form:
- For those requesting SOCECOL 195/195W - forms for these courses will be processed after the form closes on February 4.
- If you are eligible and are approved, you will be notified by Friday, February 11, and will be able to enroll through WebReg, during your assigned Spring enrollment window.
- Once you submit this form, you will receive an email confirmation with a copy of your submission. KEEP THIS FOR YOUR RECORDS!
- If you are requesting SOCECOL 195/195W please do not contact our office to ask about the status of your submission prior to February 11
Students are guaranteed a seat* in a field study course if they:
- Submit a form before Friday, February 4 at 11:59 pm
- Meet all of the Field Study Prerequisites listed below:
- Declared major in the School of Social Ecology or Environmental Science and Policy Major
- SOCECOL 10 (or an equivalent course) or "In Progress" to complete SOCECOL 10 (or an equivalent course) during Winter 2022
- Junior or Senior Standing (90+ units)
- Lower Division Writing - If requesting SOCECOL 195W/106W
- Accepted a placement with an approved site!
*Students are guaranteed a seat in SE 195; Seats in SE 195W are limited and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis (by order of submission)
Need to submit a Winter Course Enrollment Form - click HERE.
Field Study Course Petition Forms
* These forms are also used for other course petitions. Listed here are only those relevant to field study coursework. Visit the Advising website for more information.
Request to use non-UCI coursework to satisfy SOCECOL 195.
*Processing time: 6-8 weeks.*
Request to waive, appeal, or substitute UCI coursework for SOCECOL 195. Use this form for Field Study exceptions not covered by other petitions.
*Processing time: 2-4 weeks.*
Submit a request for the SocEcol 195 requirement to be changed or updated on your DegreeWorks.
Common use: Requesting for PH 195W to be applied to satisfy SE195
Processing time: Please allow up to 3-4 weeks for processing
Submit a request to use a research lab OUTSIDE the School of Social Ecology to be used as your field study placement.
Processing time: Please allow 5-6 business days